FC Clacton boss celebrates a double coup

Signed on- Aaron Condon has penned a contract for FC Clacton

Signed on- Aaron Condon has penned a contract for FC Clacton

First published in Sport

FC CLACTON boss Phil Yearling has revealed a double coup – a new signing and the club’s star striker penning a contract.

Eighteen-goal top-scorer Aaron Condon has agreed a deal to keep him at the club for the rest of the season.

And Tom Holdstock, who made a big impression during his loan spell earlier in the season, is returning from Heybridge Swifts.

The striker will be dual registered but is definitely spending the rest of the campaign at the Rush Green Bowl.

Yearling said: “These are two very positive pieces of news.

“We’re excited about both.

“Aaron’s goals are vitally important to us and we’ve taken this decision because we want to ensure he stays for the rest of the season, at least.

“We know high-profile clubs are interested in signing him.

“Any team in our division would want him and I would have anticipated further approaches, as we had earlier in the season with Maldon & Tiptree.

“But Clacton is in his blood and we want him to know the club are right behind him.

“It shows we’re deadly serious about what we’re trying to achieve and this is a signal of our intent.

“Aaron, in turn, wants to stay and be part of what we’re doing.

“He’s given his seal of approval and it’s great to have him on board.

“Aaron’s a proven, quality striker so in many ways this is like a marquee signing, which has given everyone a lift.”

Yearling is also pleased to welcome back Holdstock, a former Clacton under-18s player whose month-long loan was curtailed by an injury suffered in the derby draw at Stanway, on November 23.

“Tom’s a good, honest lad who will definitely add to us,” said the Clacton boss.

“He’ll still be dual registered, but the agreement in place is that he’s our player for the rest of the season.”

Yearling, whose side have a date a Diss Town on Saturday, confirmed that Billy Wales has left the Bowl.

“It was Billy’s decision and I respect that,” said the Seasiders boss.

“He’s gone with the club’s blessing and there’s no bad feeling, certainly not on our part.

“He’s a good, hard-working lad – but he reached a point where he felt he needed to move on.”

Clacton’s Thurlow Nunn League derby at Wivenhoe Town was postponed last weekend, due to the waterlogged state of the Maple Tree Cars Stadium pitch.

Instead, the club had a practice match involving first-team, reserve and under-18 players.

The Dragons match has now been rearranged for Saturday, February 8.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree