Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting ECS to 80360, or email »
Family saved following kitchen fire
8:41am Tuesday 16th October 2012 in News
A HOME was evacuated after a sleeping family were woken by a smoke detector.
Firefighters from Colchester helped save the house in Causton Road, Colchester, following a kitchen fire started by a dishwasher in the early hours of this morning.
And a fully functioning smoke detector helped save the family.
See the full story in Wednesday's Gazette.