Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting ECS to 80360, or email »
Schoolboy Luke raises the alarm after bungalow blaze
12:48pm Wednesday 9th July 2014 in News
A boy has been praised for raising the alarm when he spotted a bungalow on fire.
Firefighters got a call after Luke Quinn, 12, spotted smoke in Kingsbury Close, Marks Tey, on his way home from school.
Luke had watched a fire safety presentation at Honywood Community Science School, Coggeshall, earlier that day.
His mum, Kay Quinn, 46, of Proctor Way, said: "I’m immensely proud of him."
Full story in today's Gazette
Comments are closed on this article.