Woman arrested as part of Jim Attfield murder investigation

Essex County Standard: Jim Attfield Jim Attfield

A WOMAN has been arrested in connection with the Jim Attfield murder investigation.

The 27-year-old, who is from Colchester, is currently in custody.

Father-of-five Jim, 33, was murdered in Castle Park on Saturday, March 29.

This is the second arrest made in connection with the murder. The first man arrested was released without charge.

Officers are still appealing for information, and still want the 23 people pictured in CCTV released yesterday to come forward. Click here to see the images.

Anyone with information should contact the major investigation team on 01245282103 between 6.30am and 8pm, or on 101 at other times.

Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 1111.

Comments (9)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

7:36pm Fri 11 Apr 14

William George says...

You have mentioned in the press report breaking news that Jim was murdered in Castle Park on Saturday March 28th which is not correct . Because there is no Saturday 28th March.2014

Saturday 29th March only exists for Saturday not the 28th.March 2014
You have mentioned in the press report breaking news that Jim was murdered in Castle Park on Saturday March 28th which is not correct . Because there is no Saturday 28th March.2014 Saturday 29th March only exists for Saturday not the 28th.March 2014 William George
  • Score: -33

8:49pm Fri 11 Apr 14

shadylady says...

Let's just hope that the lunatic that did this is caught really soon and not worry about somebody making what is probably a typing error.
But if anybody thinks it could be either themselves or somebody they know on the cctv images they need to contact the police to be eliminated from the investigation.
Let's just hope that the lunatic that did this is caught really soon and not worry about somebody making what is probably a typing error. But if anybody thinks it could be either themselves or somebody they know on the cctv images they need to contact the police to be eliminated from the investigation. shadylady
  • Score: 24

9:02pm Fri 11 Apr 14

William George says...

shadylady wrote:
Let's just hope that the lunatic that did this is caught really soon and not worry about somebody making what is probably a typing error.
But if anybody thinks it could be either themselves or somebody they know on the cctv images they need to contact the police to be eliminated from the investigation.
I'm sure that date showed 28th March and not 29th in the "woman arrested as part of Jim Attfield murder investigation"" report then it had been changed by the press when I sent my comment in?
[quote][p][bold]shadylady[/bold] wrote: Let's just hope that the lunatic that did this is caught really soon and not worry about somebody making what is probably a typing error. But if anybody thinks it could be either themselves or somebody they know on the cctv images they need to contact the police to be eliminated from the investigation.[/p][/quote]I'm sure that date showed 28th March and not 29th in the "woman arrested as part of Jim Attfield murder investigation"" report then it had been changed by the press when I sent my comment in? William George
  • Score: -20

9:34pm Fri 11 Apr 14

shadylady says...

William George wrote:
shadylady wrote:
Let's just hope that the lunatic that did this is caught really soon and not worry about somebody making what is probably a typing error.
But if anybody thinks it could be either themselves or somebody they know on the cctv images they need to contact the police to be eliminated from the investigation.
I'm sure that date showed 28th March and not 29th in the "woman arrested as part of Jim Attfield murder investigation"" report then it had been changed by the press when I sent my comment in?
What matters is that they catch whoever did this and nothing else.
I have a son a couple of years younger than this man was and the first thing that went through my mind was knowing that my son was safe. I can't even begin to imagine what this poor man's family are going through and I would like to extend my very sincere condolences to them.
RIP Jim
[quote][p][bold]William George[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]shadylady[/bold] wrote: Let's just hope that the lunatic that did this is caught really soon and not worry about somebody making what is probably a typing error. But if anybody thinks it could be either themselves or somebody they know on the cctv images they need to contact the police to be eliminated from the investigation.[/p][/quote]I'm sure that date showed 28th March and not 29th in the "woman arrested as part of Jim Attfield murder investigation"" report then it had been changed by the press when I sent my comment in?[/p][/quote]What matters is that they catch whoever did this and nothing else. I have a son a couple of years younger than this man was and the first thing that went through my mind was knowing that my son was safe. I can't even begin to imagine what this poor man's family are going through and I would like to extend my very sincere condolences to them. RIP Jim shadylady
  • Score: 21

9:52pm Fri 11 Apr 14

William George says...

shadylady wrote:
William George wrote:
shadylady wrote:
Let's just hope that the lunatic that did this is caught really soon and not worry about somebody making what is probably a typing error.
But if anybody thinks it could be either themselves or somebody they know on the cctv images they need to contact the police to be eliminated from the investigation.
I'm sure that date showed 28th March and not 29th in the "woman arrested as part of Jim Attfield murder investigation"" report then it had been changed by the press when I sent my comment in?
What matters is that they catch whoever did this and nothing else.
I have a son a couple of years younger than this man was and the first thing that went through my mind was knowing that my son was safe. I can't even begin to imagine what this poor man's family are going through and I would like to extend my very sincere condolences to them.
RIP Jim
shadylady thank you for your comment. Yes I too hope the police find the person/s who killed Jim Attfield . I send my condolences to all the family of Jim Attfield in this comment.
[quote][p][bold]shadylady[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]William George[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]shadylady[/bold] wrote: Let's just hope that the lunatic that did this is caught really soon and not worry about somebody making what is probably a typing error. But if anybody thinks it could be either themselves or somebody they know on the cctv images they need to contact the police to be eliminated from the investigation.[/p][/quote]I'm sure that date showed 28th March and not 29th in the "woman arrested as part of Jim Attfield murder investigation"" report then it had been changed by the press when I sent my comment in?[/p][/quote]What matters is that they catch whoever did this and nothing else. I have a son a couple of years younger than this man was and the first thing that went through my mind was knowing that my son was safe. I can't even begin to imagine what this poor man's family are going through and I would like to extend my very sincere condolences to them. RIP Jim[/p][/quote]shadylady thank you for your comment. Yes I too hope the police find the person/s who killed Jim Attfield . I send my condolences to all the family of Jim Attfield in this comment. William George
  • Score: 4

12:09am Sat 12 Apr 14

SAndrewss says...

What a load of rubbish comments bearing no relation to the article whatsoever.

Let's wait and see what develops from this latest arrest. Being slightly pessimistic, I suspect this woman will be released without any further light being shed on who is actually responsible, however I do live in hope that the despicable creature who is responsible will be brought to justice soon.
What a load of rubbish comments bearing no relation to the article whatsoever. Let's wait and see what develops from this latest arrest. Being slightly pessimistic, I suspect this woman will be released without any further light being shed on who is actually responsible, however I do live in hope that the despicable creature who is responsible will be brought to justice soon. SAndrewss
  • Score: 4

1:04am Sat 12 Apr 14

Boris says...

SAndrewss wrote:
What a load of rubbish comments bearing no relation to the article whatsoever.

Let's wait and see what develops from this latest arrest. Being slightly pessimistic, I suspect this woman will be released without any further light being shed on who is actually responsible, however I do live in hope that the despicable creature who is responsible will be brought to justice soon.
Of course we don't know why this woman has been arrested, but in other murder cases, notably that of Jay Whiston, the key has been to find the person or persons who have been covering up for the murderer. Let us hope the police are on the right trail.
[quote][p][bold]SAndrewss[/bold] wrote: What a load of rubbish comments bearing no relation to the article whatsoever. Let's wait and see what develops from this latest arrest. Being slightly pessimistic, I suspect this woman will be released without any further light being shed on who is actually responsible, however I do live in hope that the despicable creature who is responsible will be brought to justice soon.[/p][/quote]Of course we don't know why this woman has been arrested, but in other murder cases, notably that of Jay Whiston, the key has been to find the person or persons who have been covering up for the murderer. Let us hope the police are on the right trail. Boris
  • Score: 11

1:48pm Sat 12 Apr 14

Shaneblackdarkknight says...

A chick !! Something fishy about this crime come on Essex police tell us what you really know so we can all rest better in this town !
A chick !! Something fishy about this crime come on Essex police tell us what you really know so we can all rest better in this town ! Shaneblackdarkknight
  • Score: -12

9:48pm Sat 12 Apr 14

A Very Private Gentleman says...

I have been told by a Police Officer of 30 years CID experience in London, that there are two types of suspect in the frame for a killing of this kind.
A. Crime of passion normally a female, dependent on the depth of the stab wounds.
B. A gang type of killing where the weapon is passed around in a "You have a go next,egg on fashion", normally in this case the assailants are junked out of their heads or stark raving mad.
The lady could have been a passing observer in this case, or a suspect linked to a crime of passion.
I have been told by a Police Officer of 30 years CID experience in London, that there are two types of suspect in the frame for a killing of this kind. A. Crime of passion normally a female, dependent on the depth of the stab wounds. B. A gang type of killing where the weapon is passed around in a "You have a go next,egg on fashion", normally in this case the assailants are junked out of their heads or stark raving mad. The lady could have been a passing observer in this case, or a suspect linked to a crime of passion. A Very Private Gentleman
  • Score: 6

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree