This live event has finished
- PRINCESS Anne, The Princess Royal, is coming to Colchester.
- The daughter of Queen Elizabeth II will be given a Royal preview of the Colchester Castle refurbishment today.
- She will also be visiting Kent Blaxill as part of their 175th Anniversary celebrations.
- Princess Anne last visited north Essex in July last year and Colchester in 2011.
- She will be unveiling a plaque during her tour of the castle.
Our photographers Steve Argent and Nigel Brown got some lovely pictures of today's royal visit.
Tomorrow's Gazette will have a four-page special on Princess Anne.
If you went to see her today, make sure you grab a copy to see if you can spot yourself in the crowd shots!
Here is a video of Princess Anne arriving at Colchester Castle.
Here is Princess Anne at Kent Blaxill earlier this morning.
Princess Anne has gone inside for a private tour of the castle. The crowd cheered and clapped as she arrived— @TheGazette 20 March 2014
Princess Anne has arrived at #Colchester Castle. http://t.co/CMMO5klG9f— @MylandInfo 20 March 2014
RT @TheGazette: Everyone ready and waiting on the bridge for Princess Anne. http://t.co/noDXrpvtU4— @thewriteimp 20 March 2014
Toddlers waving their flags ready for Princess Anne
Litter bins covered in preparation for Princess Anne visit. #Colchester http://t.co/pVUsBoA0vv— @MylandInfo 20 March 2014
Crowds growing for Princess Anne visit #Colchester http://t.co/5bawkg0JrS— @MylandInfo 20 March 2014
Crowds are starting to gather for HRH #Princess #Royal's visit to #Colchester #Castle in the next 30 mins! http://t.co/zmaTZhicTT— @yourcolchester 20 March 2014
Colchester Castle ready for Princess Anne on a lovely day.
#Colchester welcomes Princess Anne to Britain's Oldest Recorded town and to the wonderful Colchester Castle. http://t.co/O6gdNxeIDh— @VisitColchester 20 March 2014
The castle, which dates back to the 11th century, has been given a £4million revamp.
It is due to reopen to the public on May 2.