Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting ECS to 80360, or email »
Bungling burglars jailed
12:24pm Wednesday 5th March 2014 in News
A GANG of burglars described by a judge as inept have been jailed.
The six men piled £18,000 of stock by a door at Runners World, in Peartree Road, Stanway, ready to take away.
But the bungling crooks set off the alarm and fled empty-handed.
They failed to cover their tracks, not bothering to change all their number plates or mobile phones, and their driver was banned, making him easy to trace.
They were arrested and all admitted conspiracy to burgle when they appeared at Chelmsford Crown Court.
- Christopher Cameron, 34, of Malan Square, Rainham, was jailed for 21 months.
- Driver James Noakes, 35, of Pacific Road, Newham, was jailed for 23 months and given an 18-month driving ban.
- Ben Tokeley, 32, of Hilda Road, London, got 12 months.
- Johnnie McKay, 33, of Romford Road, Aveley, was jailed for two years.
- Frederick Collins, 33, of no fixed address, got a 15-month sentence.
- Martin Aransibia, 29, of Longbridge Road, Dagenham, was jailed for 18 months.
Read the full story in today's Gazette
Comments are closed on this article.