Essex Euro MP provokes storm after saying women who return to work after having baby are less ambitious

Essex County Standard: Essex Euro MP provokes storm after saying women who return to work after having baby are less ambitious Essex Euro MP provokes storm after saying women who return to work after having baby are less ambitious

ONE of Essex’s Euro-MPs has angered female business leaders in the county – because he accused women returning to work after having a baby of being unambitious.

Ukip’s Stuart Agnew, one of seven MEPs who represent the Eastern Region, including Essex, spoke out in a debate in the European Parliament about the relatively small number of women on the boards of major companies.

He said: “They are getting the jobs in the workplace, but for various reasons theydonot have the ambition to go right to the top because something gets in the way.

“It is called a baby.

“I have never had a baby, but I understand if you do have a baby, it can change your life and it changes your ambitions.

“So the route is there. Those females who really want to get to the top will do so.”

His words have angered Janet Jack, treasurer of the Essex Federation of Small Businesses.

She said women across the county ran their own businesses perfectly well while having a family. She added: “What an absolutely nonsense statement to make.

“I’m not a mother, I have not had that pleasure, but I have a niece who has just had a baby and is already back in work.

“Women do not lack ambition, simply because they have had a child.

“Things get in the way, such as the way it’s expected, if a child is ill, for the mother to be there to look after it. But it’s a changing world and there should be more resources to help women.

“Perhaps Mr Agnew would like to have a chat with me about his views.”

However, Mr Agnew, a onetime soldier in the Rhodesian Army who now has a chicken farm in Norfolk, defended his comments.

He said: “Women who have babies are less selfish and instinctively put their children first, which is quite natural.

“This reduces the number of women available for the top jobs on boards of listed companies.

I was certainly not trying to suggest all women who have babies don’t make it to the top.

“Margaret Thatcher is an example that springs to mind.

“It is a great pity there hasn’t been more focus on the EU’s mandatory gender quota itself.”

Comments (33)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

12:17pm Fri 29 Nov 13

Bing Bong says...

I happen to agree with him, but as normal in this country if you have an opinion and are honest and not PC you are wrong, and people wonder why people dont care any more.
I happen to agree with him, but as normal in this country if you have an opinion and are honest and not PC you are wrong, and people wonder why people dont care any more. Bing Bong

12:18pm Fri 29 Nov 13

pixiebell87 says...

seriously where do these idiots come from!!
seriously where do these idiots come from!! pixiebell87

12:40pm Fri 29 Nov 13

Ed Woods says...

Since UKIP kicked out Godfrey Bloom MEP following his sl*ts comments - UKIP found they needed another sexist pig to put his foot in his mouth and insult half the population.
Since UKIP kicked out Godfrey Bloom MEP following his sl*ts comments - UKIP found they needed another sexist pig to put his foot in his mouth and insult half the population. Ed Woods

12:48pm Fri 29 Nov 13

Howard Cháse says...

Typical UKIP clown
Typical UKIP clown Howard Cháse

1:17pm Fri 29 Nov 13

Jim Jam69 says...

pixiebell87 wrote:
seriously where do these idiots come from!!
Nerd no one cares stupid nipple
[quote][p][bold]pixiebell87[/bold] wrote: seriously where do these idiots come from!![/p][/quote]Nerd no one cares stupid nipple Jim Jam69

1:22pm Fri 29 Nov 13

Kim Gandy says...

Bing Bong wrote:
I happen to agree with him, but as normal in this country if you have an opinion and are honest and not PC you are wrong, and people wonder why people dont care any more.
Absolutely right. But then as usual, people who read stories on this website then comment usually haven't a clue what they are on about.

I can tell you right now that this is another UKIP inside job, the work of the loony left UAF interns at UKIP Towers and has all the hallmarks of UKIP's policymaking geek tiny Timur.. we all know he has ambitious plans and is currently being groomed by UKIP's resident pest Chucky. (Strangely enough recently seen out supporting Labour).

Once she gets her claws in, you are doomed. You have been warned but as usual ignore the warnings. Still, you deserve each other. A match made in hell.

Everybody knows this is an inside job because the machinations of the UAF within UKIP are now becoming more public and very soon the whole truth will be known. UKIP is NOT a far right party. Quite the opposite.

Which is a shame because SOME people within the party are thoroughly decent and it is those who have been stabbed in the back the most eh Timmyboy... you would know all about that wouldn't you?

All your chickens - or in this case as we are close to Christmas - turkeys - are about to come home to roost.

Doing a deal with Richard Howitt, really... that is low even by your standards. Did Chucky do the networking for you?

And all of you clowns on here who regularly attack me for telling the TRUTH will be laughing on the other sides of your faces when the truth does come out.

And it will.

Having met Stuart Agnew myself, I know for a FACT that these comments have been totally misrepresented.

The rest of you know nothing so don't bother retaliating. You know I don't come back to read your pointless comments.
[quote][p][bold]Bing Bong[/bold] wrote: I happen to agree with him, but as normal in this country if you have an opinion and are honest and not PC you are wrong, and people wonder why people dont care any more.[/p][/quote]Absolutely right. But then as usual, people who read stories on this website then comment usually haven't a clue what they are on about. I can tell you right now that this is another UKIP inside job, the work of the loony left UAF interns at UKIP Towers and has all the hallmarks of UKIP's policymaking geek tiny Timur.. we all know he has ambitious plans and is currently being groomed by UKIP's resident pest Chucky. (Strangely enough recently seen out supporting Labour). Once she gets her claws in, you are doomed. You have been warned but as usual ignore the warnings. Still, you deserve each other. A match made in hell. Everybody knows this is an inside job because the machinations of the UAF within UKIP are now becoming more public and very soon the whole truth will be known. UKIP is NOT a far right party. Quite the opposite. Which is a shame because SOME people within the party are thoroughly decent and it is those who have been stabbed in the back the most eh Timmyboy... you would know all about that wouldn't you? All your chickens - or in this case as we are close to Christmas - turkeys - are about to come home to roost. Doing a deal with Richard Howitt, really... that is low even by your standards. Did Chucky do the networking for you? And all of you clowns on here who regularly attack me for telling the TRUTH will be laughing on the other sides of your faces when the truth does come out. And it will. Having met Stuart Agnew myself, I know for a FACT that these comments have been totally misrepresented. The rest of you know nothing so don't bother retaliating. You know I don't come back to read your pointless comments. Kim Gandy

1:27pm Fri 29 Nov 13

aerobic1 says...

Before having baby, a lady or young girl at work has only 'the firm' to worry about and perhaps some older members of the family and indeed there may be some other commitments but when a baby is born, it completely changes life - this happened to me - my children became my job and every aspect of what that involves, as it was cheaper for me to do the child care. Young and older mums need the support a good family or child care to be able to go back to work, otherwise it becomes a worry for the mum about how the child is faring. Also school holidays can be difficult to arrange, unless good child care is in place. Too, I found this a struggle having no one to have my children, no local family, whilst I went to work and to be honest, I gave up in the end and saw the child care all the way through. This job can be harder than doing a 9 to 5 job in an office. Now I find it hard to sit still, in an office, as I have always been running around after other people. Too, I prefer to be my own boss and have had various businesses running from home. Good luck to those mums at home with children. Try to find work which you can do from home, plus meeting people, as you need the social contact. If you are lucky enough to find good child care and get back to work, wonderful. Mums at home should be paid for doing their own child care, as it is such an important job and can be lonely, not being part of a work set up but spending much time with the children or waiting for them to come home from school. You need patience, parenting skills (which develop and you go) and being a good mediator, if there are more than one child. Good luck.
Before having baby, a lady or young girl at work has only 'the firm' to worry about and perhaps some older members of the family and indeed there may be some other commitments but when a baby is born, it completely changes life - this happened to me - my children became my job and every aspect of what that involves, as it was cheaper for me to do the child care. Young and older mums need the support a good family or child care to be able to go back to work, otherwise it becomes a worry for the mum about how the child is faring. Also school holidays can be difficult to arrange, unless good child care is in place. Too, I found this a struggle having no one to have my children, no local family, whilst I went to work and to be honest, I gave up in the end and saw the child care all the way through. This job can be harder than doing a 9 to 5 job in an office. Now I find it hard to sit still, in an office, as I have always been running around after other people. Too, I prefer to be my own boss and have had various businesses running from home. Good luck to those mums at home with children. Try to find work which you can do from home, plus meeting people, as you need the social contact. If you are lucky enough to find good child care and get back to work, wonderful. Mums at home should be paid for doing their own child care, as it is such an important job and can be lonely, not being part of a work set up but spending much time with the children or waiting for them to come home from school. You need patience, parenting skills (which develop and you go) and being a good mediator, if there are more than one child. Good luck. aerobic1

1:42pm Fri 29 Nov 13

Justice79 says...

Kim Gandy wrote:
Bing Bong wrote:
I happen to agree with him, but as normal in this country if you have an opinion and are honest and not PC you are wrong, and people wonder why people dont care any more.
Absolutely right. But then as usual, people who read stories on this website then comment usually haven't a clue what they are on about.

I can tell you right now that this is another UKIP inside job, the work of the loony left UAF interns at UKIP Towers and has all the hallmarks of UKIP's policymaking geek tiny Timur.. we all know he has ambitious plans and is currently being groomed by UKIP's resident pest Chucky. (Strangely enough recently seen out supporting Labour).

Once she gets her claws in, you are doomed. You have been warned but as usual ignore the warnings. Still, you deserve each other. A match made in hell.

Everybody knows this is an inside job because the machinations of the UAF within UKIP are now becoming more public and very soon the whole truth will be known. UKIP is NOT a far right party. Quite the opposite.

Which is a shame because SOME people within the party are thoroughly decent and it is those who have been stabbed in the back the most eh Timmyboy... you would know all about that wouldn't you?

All your chickens - or in this case as we are close to Christmas - turkeys - are about to come home to roost.

Doing a deal with Richard Howitt, really... that is low even by your standards. Did Chucky do the networking for you?

And all of you clowns on here who regularly attack me for telling the TRUTH will be laughing on the other sides of your faces when the truth does come out.

And it will.

Having met Stuart Agnew myself, I know for a FACT that these comments have been totally misrepresented.

The rest of you know nothing so don't bother retaliating. You know I don't come back to read your pointless comments.
No surprise you 2 clowns are both agreeing with each other I'd be surprised if you had a brain cell between you.

Odd how these out of touch dinosaurs want to see women left at home to look after the children could it be they are worried that fresh young ideas may upset their bigoted out of touch apple cart.
[quote][p][bold]Kim Gandy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Bing Bong[/bold] wrote: I happen to agree with him, but as normal in this country if you have an opinion and are honest and not PC you are wrong, and people wonder why people dont care any more.[/p][/quote]Absolutely right. But then as usual, people who read stories on this website then comment usually haven't a clue what they are on about. I can tell you right now that this is another UKIP inside job, the work of the loony left UAF interns at UKIP Towers and has all the hallmarks of UKIP's policymaking geek tiny Timur.. we all know he has ambitious plans and is currently being groomed by UKIP's resident pest Chucky. (Strangely enough recently seen out supporting Labour). Once she gets her claws in, you are doomed. You have been warned but as usual ignore the warnings. Still, you deserve each other. A match made in hell. Everybody knows this is an inside job because the machinations of the UAF within UKIP are now becoming more public and very soon the whole truth will be known. UKIP is NOT a far right party. Quite the opposite. Which is a shame because SOME people within the party are thoroughly decent and it is those who have been stabbed in the back the most eh Timmyboy... you would know all about that wouldn't you? All your chickens - or in this case as we are close to Christmas - turkeys - are about to come home to roost. Doing a deal with Richard Howitt, really... that is low even by your standards. Did Chucky do the networking for you? And all of you clowns on here who regularly attack me for telling the TRUTH will be laughing on the other sides of your faces when the truth does come out. And it will. Having met Stuart Agnew myself, I know for a FACT that these comments have been totally misrepresented. The rest of you know nothing so don't bother retaliating. You know I don't come back to read your pointless comments.[/p][/quote]No surprise you 2 clowns are both agreeing with each other I'd be surprised if you had a brain cell between you. Odd how these out of touch dinosaurs want to see women left at home to look after the children could it be they are worried that fresh young ideas may upset their bigoted out of touch apple cart. Justice79

1:47pm Fri 29 Nov 13

Kim Gandy says...

Oh and Bing Bong, congratulations for being one of the few here who speak any sense.You will soon see that ANYONE on here who tells it like it is is fair game for the keyboard warriors and hate merchants. Be warned - and if you are female - don't let on because they hate females with strong opinions even more and will bend and distort the truth to make you look bad.

But I don't care because it will all come out soon enough and then let's see them squirm.
Oh and Bing Bong, congratulations for being one of the few here who speak any sense.You will soon see that ANYONE on here who tells it like it is is fair game for the keyboard warriors and hate merchants. Be warned - and if you are female - don't let on because they hate females with strong opinions even more and will bend and distort the truth to make you look bad. But I don't care because it will all come out soon enough and then let's see them squirm. Kim Gandy

1:51pm Fri 29 Nov 13

Kim Gandy says...

... oh and detractors , the challenge is STILL there.. rather than gobbing off about fake accusations and photoshopped and hacked/cloned nonsense that has been said about me on the internet. I repeat, PRODUCE ANY REAL EVIDENCE THAT WOULD STAND UP IN A COURT OF LAW of anything derogatory that has been said about me - to Jon Austin at the Echo offices in MY presence and bring a lawyer and witnesses.

Otherwise shut up. You are wasting your time hating me. Small minded and bigoted people like you don't feature on my landscape.. I don't need to read your remarks because they're so predictable. Seen it all before...
... oh and detractors , the challenge is STILL there.. rather than gobbing off about fake accusations and photoshopped and hacked/cloned nonsense that has been said about me on the internet. I repeat, PRODUCE ANY REAL EVIDENCE THAT WOULD STAND UP IN A COURT OF LAW of anything derogatory that has been said about me - to Jon Austin at the Echo offices in MY presence and bring a lawyer and witnesses. Otherwise shut up. You are wasting your time hating me. Small minded and bigoted people like you don't feature on my landscape.. I don't need to read your remarks because they're so predictable. Seen it all before... Kim Gandy

1:54pm Fri 29 Nov 13

ColchGirl says...

Bing Bong wrote:
I happen to agree with him, but as normal in this country if you have an opinion and are honest and not PC you are wrong, and people wonder why people dont care any more.
Really Bing Bong? Would you like to offer up that opinion to any women you work with, thats presuming you are ambitious enough yourself to work? Perhaps they are less ambitious after having a baby, but whats wrong with that? A woman's priorities have merely changed. If she had a baby and was straight back to work then people like you would probably moan about that as well!
[quote][p][bold]Bing Bong[/bold] wrote: I happen to agree with him, but as normal in this country if you have an opinion and are honest and not PC you are wrong, and people wonder why people dont care any more.[/p][/quote]Really Bing Bong? Would you like to offer up that opinion to any women you work with, thats presuming you are ambitious enough yourself to work? Perhaps they are less ambitious after having a baby, but whats wrong with that? A woman's priorities have merely changed. If she had a baby and was straight back to work then people like you would probably moan about that as well! ColchGirl

2:01pm Fri 29 Nov 13

Justice79 says...

Kim Gandy wrote:
... oh and detractors , the challenge is STILL there.. rather than gobbing off about fake accusations and photoshopped and hacked/cloned nonsense that has been said about me on the internet. I repeat, PRODUCE ANY REAL EVIDENCE THAT WOULD STAND UP IN A COURT OF LAW of anything derogatory that has been said about me - to Jon Austin at the Echo offices in MY presence and bring a lawyer and witnesses.

Otherwise shut up. You are wasting your time hating me. Small minded and bigoted people like you don't feature on my landscape.. I don't need to read your remarks because they're so predictable. Seen it all before...
Oh so you do come back and read the comments, grow up you paranoid muppet.
[quote][p][bold]Kim Gandy[/bold] wrote: ... oh and detractors , the challenge is STILL there.. rather than gobbing off about fake accusations and photoshopped and hacked/cloned nonsense that has been said about me on the internet. I repeat, PRODUCE ANY REAL EVIDENCE THAT WOULD STAND UP IN A COURT OF LAW of anything derogatory that has been said about me - to Jon Austin at the Echo offices in MY presence and bring a lawyer and witnesses. Otherwise shut up. You are wasting your time hating me. Small minded and bigoted people like you don't feature on my landscape.. I don't need to read your remarks because they're so predictable. Seen it all before...[/p][/quote]Oh so you do come back and read the comments, grow up you paranoid muppet. Justice79

2:04pm Fri 29 Nov 13

pixiebell87 says...

Jim Jam69 wrote:
pixiebell87 wrote:
seriously where do these idiots come from!!
Nerd no one cares stupid nipple
very mature!!
[quote][p][bold]Jim Jam69[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]pixiebell87[/bold] wrote: seriously where do these idiots come from!![/p][/quote]Nerd no one cares stupid nipple[/p][/quote]very mature!! pixiebell87

2:10pm Fri 29 Nov 13

ColchGirl says...

Justice79 wrote:
Kim Gandy wrote:
Bing Bong wrote:
I happen to agree with him, but as normal in this country if you have an opinion and are honest and not PC you are wrong, and people wonder why people dont care any more.
Absolutely right. But then as usual, people who read stories on this website then comment usually haven't a clue what they are on about.

I can tell you right now that this is another UKIP inside job, the work of the loony left UAF interns at UKIP Towers and has all the hallmarks of UKIP's policymaking geek tiny Timur.. we all know he has ambitious plans and is currently being groomed by UKIP's resident pest Chucky. (Strangely enough recently seen out supporting Labour).

Once she gets her claws in, you are doomed. You have been warned but as usual ignore the warnings. Still, you deserve each other. A match made in hell.

Everybody knows this is an inside job because the machinations of the UAF within UKIP are now becoming more public and very soon the whole truth will be known. UKIP is NOT a far right party. Quite the opposite.

Which is a shame because SOME people within the party are thoroughly decent and it is those who have been stabbed in the back the most eh Timmyboy... you would know all about that wouldn't you?

All your chickens - or in this case as we are close to Christmas - turkeys - are about to come home to roost.

Doing a deal with Richard Howitt, really... that is low even by your standards. Did Chucky do the networking for you?

And all of you clowns on here who regularly attack me for telling the TRUTH will be laughing on the other sides of your faces when the truth does come out.

And it will.

Having met Stuart Agnew myself, I know for a FACT that these comments have been totally misrepresented.

The rest of you know nothing so don't bother retaliating. You know I don't come back to read your pointless comments.
No surprise you 2 clowns are both agreeing with each other I'd be surprised if you had a brain cell between you.

Odd how these out of touch dinosaurs want to see women left at home to look after the children could it be they are worried that fresh young ideas may upset their bigoted out of touch apple cart.
Well done Justice79 - they are indeed clowns!! Heres hoping they never procreate themselves!
[quote][p][bold]Justice79[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Kim Gandy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Bing Bong[/bold] wrote: I happen to agree with him, but as normal in this country if you have an opinion and are honest and not PC you are wrong, and people wonder why people dont care any more.[/p][/quote]Absolutely right. But then as usual, people who read stories on this website then comment usually haven't a clue what they are on about. I can tell you right now that this is another UKIP inside job, the work of the loony left UAF interns at UKIP Towers and has all the hallmarks of UKIP's policymaking geek tiny Timur.. we all know he has ambitious plans and is currently being groomed by UKIP's resident pest Chucky. (Strangely enough recently seen out supporting Labour). Once she gets her claws in, you are doomed. You have been warned but as usual ignore the warnings. Still, you deserve each other. A match made in hell. Everybody knows this is an inside job because the machinations of the UAF within UKIP are now becoming more public and very soon the whole truth will be known. UKIP is NOT a far right party. Quite the opposite. Which is a shame because SOME people within the party are thoroughly decent and it is those who have been stabbed in the back the most eh Timmyboy... you would know all about that wouldn't you? All your chickens - or in this case as we are close to Christmas - turkeys - are about to come home to roost. Doing a deal with Richard Howitt, really... that is low even by your standards. Did Chucky do the networking for you? And all of you clowns on here who regularly attack me for telling the TRUTH will be laughing on the other sides of your faces when the truth does come out. And it will. Having met Stuart Agnew myself, I know for a FACT that these comments have been totally misrepresented. The rest of you know nothing so don't bother retaliating. You know I don't come back to read your pointless comments.[/p][/quote]No surprise you 2 clowns are both agreeing with each other I'd be surprised if you had a brain cell between you. Odd how these out of touch dinosaurs want to see women left at home to look after the children could it be they are worried that fresh young ideas may upset their bigoted out of touch apple cart.[/p][/quote]Well done Justice79 - they are indeed clowns!! Heres hoping they never procreate themselves! ColchGirl

2:20pm Fri 29 Nov 13

Eric the Red says...

Strangely, my wife agrees with him - but then again she is a UKIP member.
Strangely, my wife agrees with him - but then again she is a UKIP member. Eric the Red

2:48pm Fri 29 Nov 13

Reginald47 says...

More important than the subject matter is that I have regularly heard via the Press or newsletters from my Conservative, Labour and Lib Dem reps in Europe, but this is the first utterance this man has made in public for nearly 4 years. I am told by relatives and friends elsewhere that their UKIP reps at whatever level are equally stupendously useless at reporting back to the public after they are elected. Something to bear in mind both in 2014 and 2015.
More important than the subject matter is that I have regularly heard via the Press or newsletters from my Conservative, Labour and Lib Dem reps in Europe, but this is the first utterance this man has made in public for nearly 4 years. I am told by relatives and friends elsewhere that their UKIP reps at whatever level are equally stupendously useless at reporting back to the public after they are elected. Something to bear in mind both in 2014 and 2015. Reginald47

4:16pm Fri 29 Nov 13

Discouraged says...

When he slipped on the ice in february, did he bang his head?
When he slipped on the ice in february, did he bang his head? Discouraged

6:00pm Fri 29 Nov 13

25414nora says...

Rather than exchanging insults with each other, lets stop and ask ourselves why do we allow ourselves to be sucked in by yet another provocative newspaper article?.
History tells us that: always as we approach a UK general election the Tory newspapers unfailingly close ranks, and nail themselves to the Tory cause.
I'm no supporter of UKIP, but it's well known the conservatives are running scared of the UKIP threat. Work it out for yourselves.
Rather than exchanging insults with each other, lets stop and ask ourselves why do we allow ourselves to be sucked in by yet another provocative newspaper article?. History tells us that: always as we approach a UK general election the Tory newspapers unfailingly close ranks, and nail themselves to the Tory cause. I'm no supporter of UKIP, but it's well known the conservatives are running scared of the UKIP threat. Work it out for yourselves. 25414nora

6:13pm Fri 29 Nov 13

returnoftheleftie says...

Kipper says something idiotic, news at 11.

But then, you have to be really idiotic to manage to actually get chucked out-

http://edlnews.co.uk
/index.php/latest-ne
ws/latest-news/2-unc
ategorised/705-kim-g
andy-thrown-out-of-u
kip

kimmy, that evidence will stand up in court dear, it would be up to you to prove your "I wuz hacked, despite these comments being up on my page for months on end and facebook being able to tie them to an IP i was using at the time".

That you won't even stand by comments you obviously made makes you an outright coward dear.
Kipper says something idiotic, news at 11. But then, you have to be really idiotic to manage to actually get chucked out- http://edlnews.co.uk /index.php/latest-ne ws/latest-news/2-unc ategorised/705-kim-g andy-thrown-out-of-u kip kimmy, that evidence will stand up in court dear, it would be up to you to prove your "I wuz hacked, despite these comments being up on my page for months on end and facebook being able to tie them to an IP i was using at the time". That you won't even stand by comments you obviously made makes you an outright coward dear. returnoftheleftie

6:30pm Fri 29 Nov 13

shrimper84 says...

Gandy... is that the one that was threatening the OAP's she looked after? Is that why she got the boot?
Gandy... is that the one that was threatening the OAP's she looked after? Is that why she got the boot? shrimper84

6:50pm Fri 29 Nov 13

returnoftheleftie says...

shrimper84 wrote:
Gandy... is that the one that was threatening the OAP's she looked after? Is that why she got the boot?
That's the one!
[quote][p][bold]shrimper84[/bold] wrote: Gandy... is that the one that was threatening the OAP's she looked after? Is that why she got the boot?[/p][/quote]That's the one! returnoftheleftie

7:12pm Fri 29 Nov 13

The Hog says...

ukip will so lots and do nothing. if its his opinion,he is welcome to make it,just like we are on here.
If its truly his words,I would like to hear is thinking behind the statement(his thinking,not a newspapers). Until then he can say what he likes,I will not be voting for him..
ukip will so lots and do nothing. if its his opinion,he is welcome to make it,just like we are on here. If its truly his words,I would like to hear is thinking behind the statement(his thinking,not a newspapers). Until then he can say what he likes,I will not be voting for him.. The Hog

7:13pm Fri 29 Nov 13

The Hog says...

The Hog wrote:
ukip will so lots and do nothing. if its his opinion,he is welcome to make it,just like we are on here.
If its truly his words,I would like to hear is thinking behind the statement(his thinking,not a newspapers). Until then he can say what he likes,I will not be voting for him..
say not so lol
[quote][p][bold]The Hog[/bold] wrote: ukip will so lots and do nothing. if its his opinion,he is welcome to make it,just like we are on here. If its truly his words,I would like to hear is thinking behind the statement(his thinking,not a newspapers). Until then he can say what he likes,I will not be voting for him..[/p][/quote]say not so lol The Hog

7:18pm Fri 29 Nov 13

returnoftheleftie says...

Though to be fair, it looks like she actually got the boot for being a bigot, not the whole wanting to forcibly euthanise the elderly
Though to be fair, it looks like she actually got the boot for being a bigot, not the whole wanting to forcibly euthanise the elderly returnoftheleftie

10:48am Sat 30 Nov 13

Howard Cháse says...

Discouraged wrote:
When he slipped on the ice in february, did he bang his head?
Yes but it missed damaging his brain by about three feet. If he had gone down on his backside it might have been a different story...
[quote][p][bold]Discouraged[/bold] wrote: When he slipped on the ice in february, did he bang his head?[/p][/quote]Yes but it missed damaging his brain by about three feet. If he had gone down on his backside it might have been a different story... Howard Cháse

11:45am Sat 30 Nov 13

pembury53 says...

Bing Bong wrote:
I happen to agree with him, but as normal in this country if you have an opinion and are honest and not PC you are wrong, and people wonder why people dont care any more.
absolutely correct..... but he'll be called an idiot though by countless muppets on here just for telling it like it is. people are sinking in this sickly bath of political correctness and just cannot face the truth about almost anything in case it 'offends' some one....
[quote][p][bold]Bing Bong[/bold] wrote: I happen to agree with him, but as normal in this country if you have an opinion and are honest and not PC you are wrong, and people wonder why people dont care any more.[/p][/quote]absolutely correct..... but he'll be called an idiot though by countless muppets on here just for telling it like it is. people are sinking in this sickly bath of political correctness and just cannot face the truth about almost anything in case it 'offends' some one.... pembury53

1:16pm Sat 30 Nov 13

returnoftheleftie says...

pembury53 wrote:
Bing Bong wrote:
I happen to agree with him, but as normal in this country if you have an opinion and are honest and not PC you are wrong, and people wonder why people dont care any more.
absolutely correct..... but he'll be called an idiot though by countless muppets on here just for telling it like it is. people are sinking in this sickly bath of political correctness and just cannot face the truth about almost anything in case it 'offends' some one....
If it was the truth, why can't he provide anything other than anecdotal evidence to support his stereotype?

Oh wait, it's ukip. Facts/logic mean nothing when you can cry "political correctness gone mad" and rely on your voters being idiotic enough to take that at face value
[quote][p][bold]pembury53[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Bing Bong[/bold] wrote: I happen to agree with him, but as normal in this country if you have an opinion and are honest and not PC you are wrong, and people wonder why people dont care any more.[/p][/quote]absolutely correct..... but he'll be called an idiot though by countless muppets on here just for telling it like it is. people are sinking in this sickly bath of political correctness and just cannot face the truth about almost anything in case it 'offends' some one....[/p][/quote]If it was the truth, why can't he provide anything other than anecdotal evidence to support his stereotype? Oh wait, it's ukip. Facts/logic mean nothing when you can cry "political correctness gone mad" and rely on your voters being idiotic enough to take that at face value returnoftheleftie

2:17pm Sat 30 Nov 13

pembury53 says...

returnoftheleftie wrote:
pembury53 wrote:
Bing Bong wrote:
I happen to agree with him, but as normal in this country if you have an opinion and are honest and not PC you are wrong, and people wonder why people dont care any more.
absolutely correct..... but he'll be called an idiot though by countless muppets on here just for telling it like it is. people are sinking in this sickly bath of political correctness and just cannot face the truth about almost anything in case it 'offends' some one....
If it was the truth, why can't he provide anything other than anecdotal evidence to support his stereotype?

Oh wait, it's ukip. Facts/logic mean nothing when you can cry "political correctness gone mad" and rely on your voters being idiotic enough to take that at face value
his comments were really saying no more than some women will put career (ambition) ahead of having children, so they can get to the top by making those sacrifices. It's hardly an outrageous or particularly controversial statement, just an opinion, that like many opinions, do not require hard evidence every time to support them...... as for 'political correctness gone mad' well if people feel the need to condem someone as a sexist bigot just for expressing an opinion they disagree with, then there you have it.....
[quote][p][bold]returnoftheleftie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]pembury53[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Bing Bong[/bold] wrote: I happen to agree with him, but as normal in this country if you have an opinion and are honest and not PC you are wrong, and people wonder why people dont care any more.[/p][/quote]absolutely correct..... but he'll be called an idiot though by countless muppets on here just for telling it like it is. people are sinking in this sickly bath of political correctness and just cannot face the truth about almost anything in case it 'offends' some one....[/p][/quote]If it was the truth, why can't he provide anything other than anecdotal evidence to support his stereotype? Oh wait, it's ukip. Facts/logic mean nothing when you can cry "political correctness gone mad" and rely on your voters being idiotic enough to take that at face value[/p][/quote]his comments were really saying no more than some women will put career (ambition) ahead of having children, so they can get to the top by making those sacrifices. It's hardly an outrageous or particularly controversial statement, just an opinion, that like many opinions, do not require hard evidence every time to support them...... as for 'political correctness gone mad' well if people feel the need to condem someone as a sexist bigot just for expressing an opinion they disagree with, then there you have it..... pembury53

2:43pm Sat 30 Nov 13

returnoftheleftie says...

pembury53 wrote:
returnoftheleftie wrote:
pembury53 wrote:
Bing Bong wrote:
I happen to agree with him, but as normal in this country if you have an opinion and are honest and not PC you are wrong, and people wonder why people dont care any more.
absolutely correct..... but he'll be called an idiot though by countless muppets on here just for telling it like it is. people are sinking in this sickly bath of political correctness and just cannot face the truth about almost anything in case it 'offends' some one....
If it was the truth, why can't he provide anything other than anecdotal evidence to support his stereotype?

Oh wait, it's ukip. Facts/logic mean nothing when you can cry "political correctness gone mad" and rely on your voters being idiotic enough to take that at face value
his comments were really saying no more than some women will put career (ambition) ahead of having children, so they can get to the top by making those sacrifices. It's hardly an outrageous or particularly controversial statement, just an opinion, that like many opinions, do not require hard evidence every time to support them...... as for 'political correctness gone mad' well if people feel the need to condem someone as a sexist bigot just for expressing an opinion they disagree with, then there you have it.....
if the opinion is sexist and bigoted, such as claiming outright that all mothers lack ambition, then said opinion will rightly be attacked for being so.
[quote][p][bold]pembury53[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]returnoftheleftie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]pembury53[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Bing Bong[/bold] wrote: I happen to agree with him, but as normal in this country if you have an opinion and are honest and not PC you are wrong, and people wonder why people dont care any more.[/p][/quote]absolutely correct..... but he'll be called an idiot though by countless muppets on here just for telling it like it is. people are sinking in this sickly bath of political correctness and just cannot face the truth about almost anything in case it 'offends' some one....[/p][/quote]If it was the truth, why can't he provide anything other than anecdotal evidence to support his stereotype? Oh wait, it's ukip. Facts/logic mean nothing when you can cry "political correctness gone mad" and rely on your voters being idiotic enough to take that at face value[/p][/quote]his comments were really saying no more than some women will put career (ambition) ahead of having children, so they can get to the top by making those sacrifices. It's hardly an outrageous or particularly controversial statement, just an opinion, that like many opinions, do not require hard evidence every time to support them...... as for 'political correctness gone mad' well if people feel the need to condem someone as a sexist bigot just for expressing an opinion they disagree with, then there you have it.....[/p][/quote]if the opinion is sexist and bigoted, such as claiming outright that all mothers lack ambition, then said opinion will rightly be attacked for being so. returnoftheleftie

4:46pm Sat 30 Nov 13

jolllyboy says...

I bet he likes his dinner on the table when he gets home. What is it with these politicians they want people to have slaves as wives. Work, bring up the children, cook etc. Try doing it all yourself chum
I bet he likes his dinner on the table when he gets home. What is it with these politicians they want people to have slaves as wives. Work, bring up the children, cook etc. Try doing it all yourself chum jolllyboy

12:27am Sun 1 Dec 13

Boris says...

The man is a typical UKIP fruitcake. Loony like all the rest of them, but elected by other loonies. Stuart Agnew is the sort of person who makes me ashamed to be British.
The man is a typical UKIP fruitcake. Loony like all the rest of them, but elected by other loonies. Stuart Agnew is the sort of person who makes me ashamed to be British. Boris

4:47pm Tue 3 Dec 13

Alekhine says...

This sounds like something Boris would say. But then the reception would have been somewhat different. Oh, its just Boris, what a jovial chap.
This sounds like something Boris would say. But then the reception would have been somewhat different. Oh, its just Boris, what a jovial chap. Alekhine

12:50pm Wed 4 Dec 13

onorris24 says...

^ Think everyone has too much time on their hands... get a life... :-)
^ Think everyone has too much time on their hands... get a life... :-) onorris24

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree