Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting ECS to 80360, or email »
Smoke fills home after kitchen fire
8:58am Friday 4th October 2013 in News
FIREFIGHTERS tackled a blaze in a Colchester kitchen.
They were called to a home in Port Lane at 5.40am this morning.
The whole house was full of smoke but crews from Colchester were able to get in and clear the property within the hour.
The property is not occupied and is being renovated.
It is thought builders left skirting boards on the stove and the over was knocked and turned on.
Fire crews broke in to clear the property before the fire spread around the home or to neighbouring properties.
Comments are closed on this article.