Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting ECS to 80360, or email »
Bus route changes for Colchester
A SERIES of changes to bus routes in Colchester will be rolled out next month.
Bus operator First is introducing the changes after feedback from passengers and looking at its performance.
The changes take place from Sunday September 29.
The changes are:
- Service 61 - North Station to University - no longer run to Wivenhoe, and run every 20 minutes Mon-Sat and 30 minutes Sundays and public holidays.
- Service 61C - North Station to University - new late night journeys on Fridays and Saturdays from end of 62A every 20 minutes until 1.30am.
- Service 62 - North Station to University/Wivenhoe - weekday frequency increased to every 10 minutes during university term time, 15 minutes during university holidays and all Saturdays. Alternate buses terminating Head Street/North Station. Sunday service every 30 minutes during the day.
- Service 65 - Tollgate to Highwoods - Daytime Sunday service increased to every 15 minutes during main part of day.
- Service 67 - Colchester to West Mersea - Service diverted off Mersea Road, partially replacing service 68, to serve part of Berechurch Hall Road as far as Roman Way, then back via Monkwick and Stansted Road to reach Mersea Road. No stops will be missed along Mersea Road. Saturday service increased to every 30 minutes.
- Service 68 - Monkwick to Colchester - withdrawn.
Find out more about the changes at the First website.
Comments are closed on this article.