Braintree: Charity's warning after teen's drug-related death

Joni Thompson

Joni Thompson

First published in News

Following the death of Braintree teenager Bradley Cockel, who is believed to have tried an LSD type drug, a drugs charity has warned how dangerous hallucinogens such as 2C-E are.

Police had initially thought Bradley had taken 2C-E but are awaiting further test results.

Joni Thompson, treatment manager for drugs service, Open Road, which has a branch in Braintree, said: “We don’t know, categorically, that Bradley Cockel died after taking 2C-E. “But it is very powerful and potentially very dangerous.”

Class A hallucinogens, known as 2C-E and 2C-I, have similar effects to LSD, but are even more potent.

The white crystal substance, which can be snorted or swallowed, enhances the senses and exaggerates colours and distorts sounds.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree