Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting ECS to 80360, or email »
Four property fire caused by electrical fault
9:22am Wednesday 6th February 2013 in News
A FIRE which ripped through four properties has been blamed on an electrical fault.
Fire crews were called to King Harold Road and All Saints’ Avenue as flames spread through four gardens.
Firefighters managed to put out the blaze but not before thousands of pounds damage had been caused.
A fire investigator has ruled the fire was accidental and began with an electrical fault to an item in a wooden garden shed.
It was the second serious fire in a week in Colchester caused by poor electrics and firefighters have urged people to make sure cables and items are wired properly and secure.
Crews were originally called at about 6.30pm on Thursday, January 31.
See the full story in Thursday's Gazette.