Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting ECS to 80360, or email »
Man burns hands trying to put out house fire
5:22pm Wednesday 24th October 2012 in News
A MAN has been taken to hospital with burnt hands and smoke inhalation after trying to put out a fire at a house in Old Heath Road.
Firefighters from Colchester and Tiptree were called to the property in Colchester just after 3.30pm today.
They managed to put out the fire within 20 minutes and provide first aid to the victim who was then treated by paramedics.