Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting ECS to 80360, or email »
Engaging in conversation is the best way to pass on the vital skills of speech and language development, and will also show her how much you love her and how much she interests you, which will boost self-esteem and confidence as she grows. And this advice continues to hold true as your baby grows into a toddler, and then a child. Experts are concerned that so many modern children have poor speech and language skills - they fear it's because their parents just aren't talking to them enough in their early years. So talking (and listening) to our kids is one of our most important roles as parents.
- Deadly MERS 'camel flu' may now be airborne
- Paracetamol 'doesn’t work' for lower back pain
- Sleep deprivation may affect memory
- Umami flavouring 'may help you feel fuller faster'
- Commonwealth games
- Summer reading challenge
Buy & Sell
- Antiques and collectables (2)
- Art and crafts (1)
- Baby, clothing and nursery equipment (3)
- Books, records, CDs, Videos and DVDs (1)
- Children's clothing, toys and games (2)
- Computers, software, hardware and computer games (1)
- Furniture and furnishings (42)
- Gardening and Outdoors (4)
- Household and DIY (9)
- Miscellaneous (9)
- Outdoor pursuits (3)
- Pets (6)
Family health interactive guides
Healthy home check Take this test to find out whether your home could be a health risk.
Healthy child self-assessment Find out how you and your child are doing with this short quiz.
Fitness self-assessment Take this simple assessment test to find out how fit and active you are.
Alcohol self-assessment Assess the effects of your drinking and find out if you're drinking too much.
Deaths - Rosemary Margaret 'Margaret' Attewell
ATTEWELL Rosemary Margaret “Margaret” Passed away peacefully in Colchester General Hospital
Births - BRIDGET KATY BOOTY
BRIDGET KATY BOOTY Rosemary and Adam congratulations on the birth of your beautiful Daughter on
Birthdays - ROBERT MCDONALD
Robert McDONALDHappy 65th Birthday Dad. Love Daughters, Sons, Grandchildren, Sisters, Brother
Marriages - Fiona and Jamie Duncan and Knight
Fiona Jamie DUNCAN KNIGHT 3rd May 2014 Both Families wish to announce the long awaited