Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting ECS to 80360, or email »
Crime for CO1 1UR
Street-level crime and anti-social behaviour in from the Home Office.
To protect privacy, crimes are mapped to points on or near the road where they occurred.
- All crime & ASB
- Public disorder & weapons
- Vehicle crime
- Criminal damage & arson
- Violent crime
- Other theft
- Other crime
Street name Crime type
Police station and neighbourhood policing team
Neighbourhood police station
10 Southway, Colchester,
Open 24 hours
Colchester Town neighbourhood policing team
- Pcso Clair McWilliams
- I have been employed by Essex Police since 2006 and have been based on the Colchester Town Neighbourhood Policing Team since then. I also cover the Cowdray Avenue area.
- Pcso Gaynor Iheagwaram
- Hello my name is Gaynor Iheagwaram and I have been with Essex Police since Oct 2003, this was when the first batch of Police Community Support Officers were introduced to the Community of Colchester and Tendring. I cover the area of Riverside Estate and surrounding areas along with the Town Centre. I have dealt with many different situations in this role and worked alongside some very special people. I would like to think I have made a difference to the communities I have patrolled.
- Pcso Jackie Tyrrell
- I have worked for Essex Police for the last 21 years and have been a Police Community Support Officer since October 2003. I have worked alongside the retail crime team and am currently responsible for the Dutch Quarter area of Colchester. My objective is to reduce anti social behaviour in the community.
- Pcso Lee Compton
- Hi my name is Lee Compton and I am one of Colchester Town team’s Pcso’s. I began my career at Brightlingsea / St Osyth and Point Clear Bay as a Pcso. My main duties were to be a high visibility patrol, be around the schools at open and closing times, helping the community when ever I could and also solve low leave crime. After spending a year at Brightlingsea I then moved to Colchester Town and worked along side the other town Pcsos’. Once again my main roles in the town are high visibility patrols in and around the town’s shops and public spaces. Colchester Town Pcsos’ form a good working relationships between police and town security in helping to solve low leave crime. From my day to day duties I also go around the second hand shops in the town doing checks with the property they have in store just to make sure none is stolen. As a whole I am enjoying my time with Essex Police as a Colchester Town team Pcso. I enjoy working along side the public in the town were I take the time to talk to them. I believe they are a good source of information and working along side each other I think we will have a better community to live in. If you would like to talk anymore you can call me on 101 or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pcso Wayne Burke
- I have been employed in my role as a PCSO since 2003. However, I have also had a spell on the front counter at Colchester Police Station. I was also seconded for a year to assist at HQ where I was employed as a Firearms Enquiry Officer. Prior to this I served for 24 years in the British Army. During my time as a PCSO with Essex Police I have been posted to Clacton On Sea, Walton On The Naze and Thorpe Le Soken. I am now posted to Colchester Central and I feel privileged to be working with an extremely proactive, busy and professional team. During my employment as a PCSO I have dealt with an array of incidents. From: missing people, neighbourhood disputes and low level crimes such as shoplifting. It gives me a great deal of satisfaction when I can help someone in need. The highlight of my Police career to date was when I received an award from the Prime Minister. This was in recognition for detaining more than 300 criminals. It is an absolute pleasure being part of Colchester Central Town team. I will continue to maintain the highest standards that Essex Police expect. Always offering reassurance to the general public, whilst conducting high visibility foot patrols.
- Pcso Chrissy Bloomfield
- Hi my name is Christine Bloomfield (Chrissy) I have worked with Essex Police since Jan 2005. I began my career as a PCSO working in Clacton, during which time I was instrumental in setting up TENBAC (Tendring Business against Crime) I also got involved with Neighbourhood Watch and worked closely with residents in Jaywick, Clacton Town and Holland on Sea in setting up many new groups, helping to stamp out nuisance behaviour and giving reassurance to those living in the area and establishing a strong link with the local community. On a monthly basis I held Local Beat Surgeries on the Mobile Police Station in Clacton Town Centre using this opportunity to give crime prevention advice and the post coding of pedal cycles and power tools. In October 2012 I joined the Colchester Town Team and am looking forward to working closely with COLBAC and the local community in helping to make Colchester Town a safer place to live and visit.
- PCSO Daniel Ling
- My name is Daniel Ling and I have been with Essex Police since 2008, I first started off my career as a Pcso covering the Shrubend, St Michaels Estate and enjoyed working with the community and assisting wherever I can. I have dealt with many situations and always strive to give good customer service, I am now working In the Colchester Town Team and this has given me more room to grow as a Pcso and more experience in my job role. I work with a very experienced team who are professional at all times and I am proud to work alongside them assisting to make the Town safer. My roles are to provide a visible presence and assist the community where ever I am needed. I am friendly so if you see me out and about please stop me for a chat, I really would like to help and hopefully make a difference in the community that I serve.
About this neighbourhood
Welcome to the Colchester Town Neighbourhood Policing Team pages. We are committed to making your neighbourhood a safer place to live, work and visit and will work with the community and our partners to tackle local problems. Colchester Town is part of the Colchester district and covers areas including Castle.
The force responsible for policing and crime prevention in this area is Essex Police.