Trainee Reporter (Post no VN79)
3:06pm Wednesday 20th June 2012
Job Title: Trainee Reporter
Responsible to: Editor via The Chief Reporter
• Writing high quality copy in accordance with Newsquest (Essex) editorial code of practice and style.
• To ensure that the highest possible standards are maintained at all times, both inside and outside the office.
• To produce fast and accurate copy from whatever job assigned to.
• The type of work required will be wide ranging and the job holder will be expected to file copy to deadlines to both the Evening Gazette and other titles in the group. Reports will
also be filed for the group’s web site.
• To take photographs if required.
• To work outside regular hours, at short notice and be flexible with working patterns.
• To aid Newsquest’s other media businesses, e.g. web sites, broadcasting.
• To broaden knowledge of the newspaper in line with the published skills audit.
• To be prepared to work at other offices either on a temporary or permanent basis.
This job description summarises the main aspect of the job, but it does not cover all the duties that the jobholder may be required to perform. Therefore, the job description is a minimum
standard. It is not a statement of all that the job does or may entail. It is not intended to restrict the scope of the job but clearly to define its starting point.
Click here to download an Application Form
Click here to download the Diversity Monitoring Form
CV & career tools